How it works for farmers
Shared Roots is a place for small, sustainable, local family farms to reach customers & sell products.
Shared Roots is a platform for:
- Centralized ordering
- Decentralized production & delivery.
- We market, you produce.
- We handle payments, you handle the product.
- We take orders, you deliver.
- Sell & deliver your products any way you want, and let us handle the marketing and payment processing.
The features available to Shared Roots farmers include:
- All the eyeballs you could ever want on your business’ listing.
- Fully customizable listing that includes:
- Your message
- You can use your listing just like your farm’s website
- Your online business card
- Full online market:
- Add your products.
- Set prices.
- Add your Paypal account.
- Publish your store.
- Receive orders and payments directly from customers.
- We market you and your products.
- We process online payments from customers.
- You receive orders and communicate directly with your customers.
- You grow food & deliver it. We do all the rest.
What does it cost?
- All features of your farm listing are free.
- If you sell products through Shared Roots, we charge 10%.
- 2.9% + $0.30 credit card fee.
- The rest is our fee for growing your audience and maintaining the website.
- You will never be charged anything unless we find you customers and sales.